Searching for a new apartment to rent? While price is probably one of your main considerations, what else should you look for in a rental? Here are eight factors to think about before you sign on the dotted line.
1. Location – is the apartment situated in a safe neighbourhood, close to friends, family or work? And are there shops and restaurants nearby where you can shop for groceries, meet friends for dinner or grab a coffee?
2. Space – is there enough room for your belongings? Will you need to part with some of your furniture or invest in a few new pieces to fill the space? Also consider whether the rental apartment has enough storage for linen, sports gear, and so on.
3. Condition – is it clean and in good condition? When you view the apartment, be sure to do a few checks: flush the toilets, test the taps, look for signs of damp, open the doors and windows, and make sure that the stove and oven work.
4. Security – what security measures are in place? Is there CCTV surveillance and access control in the building, and does the apartment have an alarm system?
5. Parking – is there secure, off-street parking? This is an important consideration, not only from a safety standpoint but also because your parking situation can affect your insurance premiums.
6. Communal areas – does the apartment building offer any shared spaces like a laundry room, gym, pool, braai area or garden? These features could be the deciding factor when choosing between similar apartments to rent.
7. Connectivity – is there access to a fast and reliable internet connection, like Fibre to the Home? This is definitely something to check if you use streaming services for entertainment or if you work from home.
8. Pets – If you have a furry friend or are planning on adopting one in the near future, make sure that you find out what the apartment’s pet policy is.
Find the perfect apartment at Melrose Arch
Looking for corporate long-stay rental or an apartment to call home? One on Whiteley at Melrose Arch provides a prime opportunity for you to live, work and play in an exceptionally safe and secure environment. This luxury residential development offers residents:
- Exquisite features and upscale finishes
- A sundeck and outdoor pool
- State-of-the-art security
- Ample basement parking
- Controlled electronic access and CCTV
- Full back-up generator power